Cucumber Dill Sauce
Delicious especially with salmon. Good with Paleo Salmon Cakes. For a similar sauce, see Tzatziki Sauce (Gyro Sauce)
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt
- ¼ - ½ tsp wine vinegar
- 1 C sour cream (or part yogurt and part sour cream)
- 2-3 T fresh dill or watercress leaves OR
- 1/2+ dry dill to taste
- 1. Peel cucumber, halve lengthwise, scoop out seeds. Dice.
- 2. Toss cucumber in a bowl with salt and wine vinegar.
- 3. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Fold in sour cream or yogurt.
- 5. Season to taste and fold in dill or watercress.
- 6. Cover and refrigerate.