Cauliflower "Rice" Mushroom Risotto
Traditional Italian Dish made with Cauliflower, Sheep Cheese, Coconut Milk and Mushrooms
- Head of Cauliflower "Riced" in a food processor
- 2 to 3 Shallots
- 3 TBS Vegan Organic Margarine
- 1/2 can Evaporated Coconut Milk (found with the regular Evaporated Milk, could use Coconut Milk)
- 2 TBS Organic Corn Starch
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 lb of Mixed Mushrooms (Baby Bella, White, any dried gourmet variety, rehydrated), diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup Kirkland (or other variety) Manchego Sheep Cheese (hard sheep cheese similar to a parmesan), shredded
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- It helps to prepare your ingredients in advance because once you start this recipe, it comes together very quickly. Have your cheese shredded, have your cauliflower already riced and mushrooms sliced.
- Use a deep saucepan as the cauliflower is very bulky before it cooks.
- Start with the diced garlic, diced shallots and Vegan Margarine. Stir fry for a few minutes over medium heat and add in the mushrooms. Continue to cook for 3 or 4 minutes until starting to get softened. Stir in the Organic Corn Starch and stir.
- Add in your cauliflower and green onions. Place a lid on the mixture, stirring often. Continue to cook for around 5 minutes.
- After the cauliflower begins softening, add in your coconut milk and your shredded cheese.
- Serve while hot and garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve with garlicky green beans or add in peas or edamame for a great vegetarian meal.