- 1 cup bleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (OR 1 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp baking soda)
- 1 egg, whites separated from the yolk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp pandan extract
- (You can use vanilla extract if you don’t have the pandan, but then it really wouldn’t be pandan waffles anymore, now would it? Find pandan extract in the baking section of your local Asian market.)
- * Notes:
- If you double the recipe, most cans of coconut milk will be less than 2 cups, just add water to get correct liquid amount.
- Sugar can be halved for less sweet waffles.
- Self-raising flour can be used in place of flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!