~Recipe by Sarah Willey
- 1 Cornish Game Hen
- a little olive oil
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- sour cream
- flour (for gravy)
- Turn on sauté mode and when it says hot, add a little olive oil.
- Add seasoned hen breast side down to the hot pot. I seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Let brown for about 5 minutes, then flip over.
- I placed 1 cup of water in and put the trivet over the bird so I could stack potatoes on top.
- I peeled and quartered 3 potatoes and 4 cloves garlic and stacked on trivet and closed and locked lid.
- Set on Manual/High Pressure for 15 minutes (if thawed) with NPR.
- Remove potatoes and garlic and mash with butter, sour cream and I used a little drippings from the pan because I was out of milk.
- I put the hen in an oven proof dish and baked in oven for 20 minutes at 425°. It only needs about 10, but mine was not fully cooked after 10.
- For the gravy, I just added about a tablespoon of arrowroot flour to 1/2 cup hot water and stirred into the drippings in the instant pot and added salt and pepper.