These are fresh spring rolls that I created and I like them with the Chili Peanut Sauce.
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, tops only
- 1 tablespoon snipped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked/softened bean thread noodles (aka cellophane noodles)
- 12 rice paper rounds (BanhTrang)
- 1 cup lettuce, finely shredded
- Be sure the noodles are drained so that they are dry and sticky. Wet noodles are impossible to work with.
- Place carrots and remaining ingredients (except rice paper) in a bowl. Toss until mixed. Fill a large bowl with hot water. You will probably need to refresh the water so it stays really hot.
- Working on a large surface with a clean cloth towel on top, dip each rice paper into the water until softened. Gently place on the dishtowel and pat gently with another towel to semi-dry.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of lettuce on the rice paper.
- Place about ¼ cup of noodle mixture onto the paper in the center.
- Lift the bottom of the rice paper to cover the mixture. Pack the mixture tightly.
- Next, fold in the sides and then roll the rest of the way up from the bottom.
- Place the roll on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all filling is used. It will generally make at least 10.
- When finished, wrap rolls individually or in twos in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- This can be scaled which is recommended if you aren't feeding a lot of people, they do not save well. The wrappers get really hard.