- Starter (poolish)
- ½ cup (113g) water, cool
- 1/16 teaspoon (a pinch) active dry yeast or instant yeast*
- 1 cup (120g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour*
- note: Substitute 1 tablespoon (25g) healthy sourdough starter (fed or unfed) for the yeast, if desired.
- 1 cup 2 tablespoons (255g) water, lukewarm
- all of the starter
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast or instant yeast
- 3 ½ cups (420g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour*
- 2 teaspoons (12g) salt
- note: See "tips," below.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!