by Ingrid Cooper
- 2 lbs stew meat (cut in small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 packet McCormick beef stew seasoning
- 3 cups of water
- 3 potatoes
- baby carrots
- frozen peas
- cornstarch (for slurry to thicken)
- Use the Saute function to brown meat in oil.
- Add in the water and stew packet.
- Cook on Meat/ Stew for 35 minutes.
- 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Add potatoes, carrots & peas.
- Cook another 5 minutes on Manual/High;
- Quick Release.
- Mix a little cornstarch with water, add to pot to thicken.
- Be sure to deglaze the pot after browning the meat.
- (add the water & scrape all the food bits off the bottom of the pot. This is to prevent scorching which will interfere with the pot pressurizing)