Cilantro-Lime Marinated Pork or Turkey
- 3 to 4 lb. pork shoulder or 2 turkey thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tsp. dried oregano;
- 2 tsp. ground cumin;
- ¾ cup orange juice;
- 2 Tbl lime juice;
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped;
- 1 tsp salt
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper and brown the meat on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side (Saute setting on Instant Pot).
- Sprinkle meat with cumin and oregano after it's browned.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and ½ tsp more salt.
- Pressure cook on "Meat" setting for 30 mins (45 of frozen).
- Shred the meat, throwing away any skin, bones, or gristle.
- While you shred the meat, simmer the sauce, uncovered, for up to 30 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Adding a few vegetables (carrots, potatoes, etc.) at this point is a great addition.
- Return meat to pot to heat through and coat with sauce. Serve on buns, in tortillas, or over mashed potatoes.
- Mix leftovers with hominy and greens for an easy skillet dish.