Oatmeal Cream Pie Cheesecake (Instant Pot)
~by Josie Smythe
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4T melted butter
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1-2 oatmeal cream pies, cut up.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar (+ more if needed)
- 1-2 more oatmeal cream pies for topping, cut up.
- Grease the inside of a 6" cheesecake pan (push pan) with butter & set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar & melted butter.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Place pan in freezer while mixing cheesecake batter.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sugar & vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add eggs 1 at a time & mix until just combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the cheesecake batter into prepared pan.
- Press oatmeal cream pie pieces into the batter.
- Pour remaining batter over the cookies & smooth out.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water & trivet to the Instant Pot liner.
- Place cheesecake pan on the trivet.
- Put lid on pot & Seal the steam vent.
- Cook on Manual (or Pressure Cook)/High Pressure for 37 minutes;
- 15 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove pan from pot & let cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour.
- Place cheesecake in fridge to cool completely (6 hrs minimum)
- Beat butter & cream cheese until creamy.
- Add vanilla & powdered sugar, beat.
- Add more powdered sugar if needed to get a thick, spreadable frosting.
- Once completely chilled remove cheesecake from pan.
- Frost & top with cut up oatmeal cream pie pieces.
- -I cooked the cheesecake uncovered. If there is any moisture on top of the it when you take it out just lightly blot it off with the corner of a paper towel. (I didn't need to blot mine at all)
- -I used the large oatmeal cream pies. Whether you use the large or small ones just add as many as you want in/on your cheesecake.
- -The frosting recipe makes a lot more than you need to top the cheesecake.
- I had enough left over to frost a 9x13 sheet cake.
- Cut the recipe down if you don't have a use for the extra frosting.
- -If making in a 7" pan instead of 6" pan you can take a few minutes off the cook time.
- This is the pan I used: