- 1½ lb flank steak, sliced into thin ribbons against the grain
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cayenne red pepper
- ? teaspoon cumin
- ? teaspoon paprika
- ? teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, trimmed, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, trimmed, peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- Place steak, lime juice and spices in a large bowl and toss together until steak is evenly coated.
- Set aside.
- Place a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, I used cast-iron. Add coconut oil to pan and when melted add steak.Try to lay steak out so that it is in a single layer on pan.
- Let steak sear 3-4 minutes, flip and cook other side of steak for an additional 3-4 minutes, you want the outside to be completely seared. Remove steak from pan and set aside on plate.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms to pan tossing to coat. There should be enough juice from the steak to toss and coat your veggies. If not add about ¼ cup of your vegetable broth. Try to scrape any excess brown bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Toss your veggies until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add green onion, jalapeño, vegetable broth, steak and any juices that collected on plate.
- Toss and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss cilantro on top as well as sliced avocado and additional jalapeño slices if you like.
- Serve with rice, fajitas or lettuce cups