- 2 pounds ground beef (90/10) or ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can pinto, drained (low sodium or no salt added)
- 1 (12 oz) bottle of chili sauce (condiment found in the ketchup aisle)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ c water
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, brown beef or turkey with the chopped onion. Drain excess grease.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and stir well to mix.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with grated cheese and sour cream.