Egg Drop Soup
- 2 cups prepared chicken stock (Swanson Natural Goodness is excellent)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- BOIL soup stock, grated ginger, and soy sauce.
- In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch and water. Stir until dissolved.
- Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture while STIRRING the stock - cook until thickened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Pour in the eggs slowly while STIRRING the soup in the same direction. The egg will spread and feather.
- Turn off the heat and simmer for a few moments.