Creamy Beef Potato Stew (Better Homes & Gardens 5 ingredient slow cooking)
creamy wonderful flavor.
- 12 ounces boneless beef chuck, (stew meat)
- 2 cans green beans, drained
- 1 5 ½ ounce package dry au gratin potato mix
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup half and half or light cream
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- HALF RECIPE serves 2
- 6 ounces beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1/2 (5 1/2 oz.) package dry au gratin potato mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup half and half or light cream
- Parmesan for serving (optional)
- Trim visible fat from meat. In a 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker combine the meat, green beans, dry potatoes, sauce mix from potatoes, and thyme. Pour the water into the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high heat setting 3 ½ to 4 hours.
- If using high heat setting, turn to low heat setting. Stir half and half into potato mixture. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until heated through. To serve, ladle stew into bowls. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- this is Very Easy and Really good. But doesn't make a lot.
- If no slow cooker you will need to cook this on a very low heat in a stock pot or large 3 quart or larger saucepan or soup pot.