- 1 medium white onion, chopped (MAKE SURE to measure out 1 1/2 cups (200g b/c this is where lots of flavor comes)
- 1-2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, separated (240-480 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) fine sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 EXTRA LARGE garlic cloves, minced (15g) (don't skimp because hey, flavor! You should NOT need to be adding extra garlic if you use the correct amount listed. If your cloves are small, add more.)
- 1/2 heaping cup raw, unsalted cashews (75 g, 2.6 oz) (soaked overnight in hot water if you don't have a high powered blender, otherwise your result will be gritty and NOT creamy)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (don't omit, as this omits any cashew flavor!)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (25 g, more or less if preferred. I used an extra tablespoon. Make sure to use a non-synthetic version so it doesn't leave a nasty vitamin taste. I highly recommend Sari brand )
- It is not recommended to sub or eliminate any of these ingredients, as I cannot vouch for the results if any are changed. The lemon juice is crucial, as it eliminates any cashew flavor.
- Also, if you don't have a high powered blender like a Vitamix, it is crucial to pre-soak the cashews so they soften and the sauce ends up smooth and creamy, and not gritty. Drain them and rinse after soaking.
Never loose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!