Nana’s Chili with Meat
Servings: Prep Time: 10 minutes On the stove top Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 8
- Nana’s Chili with Meat
- Anne's Cafe
- 2 cans (15 oz.) Chili Beans (I like Bush Chili Beans with a mild sauce)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup peppers, chopped (red, green or yellow, I like a mix of the red and green)
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or 3 tbsp. garlic powder (sometimes I use both)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy) Optional
- 1 tsp sugar (this helps with the acid in the tomatoes) Optional
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped onions
- In large pan, cook beef, until meat is browned. Drain excess grease.
- Put back in the pan and add the onions and peppers cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining spices, bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for at less 30 minutes and then serve.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings
- Serve with bread or crackers
- Cook’s Notes
- The longer you let it cook the more flavor it will have, Just keep a close eye on it
- You can use your instant pot on the slow cooker setting and cook on low up to 8 hours
- I have not tried cooking this has an instant pot recipe.
- One of Triston favorites