Crock pot Pork carnitas
- 2 large pork tenderloins (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds), sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Transfer pork, onions, and garlic to slower cooker and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, chipotle seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over pork and onions. Toss to coat meat with seasoning. Add chicken stock, orange juice, and lime juice. Cover and cook on high setting for five hours.
- 2. Remove pork from cooker and use two forks to shred the meat. Return to the cooker and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3. Strain liquid from the meat and transfer liquid to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Lower heat and reduce liquid by half. Add liquid back to carnitas and serve immediately.