Cheesy Jalapeno Bread - janfree
For better flavor make a day before you plan on serving.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 T dried italian herb blend
- 2 T dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 or more (to taste) jalapenos, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, herbs, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and jalapenos.
- Prepare (Grease/butter/spray) a pan of your choice. I use my 7" Fat Daddio cheesecake pan with removable bottom. Line the bottom w/parchment paper. Pour in batter. Pour 1-2 cups water into IP liner. Place cake pan on trivet, using foil sling, close and lock lid, seal vent, manual - high pressure, 30 min, 10 min NPR, then QR.
- Remove pan carefully from IP liner. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. When bread has cooled, wrap tightly and wait a day, so it has time for the flavors to mellow.
- Inspired by a recipe Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread on TasteofHome.com