Navajo Flatbread: Makes 6
- 2 cups flour
- 1 to 1 ¼cup of lukewarm water
- 1 table spoon baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 table spoon oil/butter/shortening
- Mix dry ingredients together and add most water, mix and add water until it has the consistency of tacky pizza dough.
- Knead for a few minutes.
- Let rest in greased bowl for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Divide into 6 pieces and roll out on floured surface thin. (Tortilla thickness)
- Hear griddle to 350F.
- Cook until golden brown spots and flip, cooking until done.