Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies
Run Fast Eat Slow
Servings: 13 cookies
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup orange-fleshed sweet potato puree (see note)
- ½ cup grade B maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse oats for 5-6 times, until roughly chopped. Place in large mixing bowl and combine with almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together sweet potato puree, syrup, oil, vanilla, and raisins until well combined. Fold into oat mix and stir until blended. The dough should be thick.
- Use ¼ cup measuring cup to drop batter onto baking sheet. Space cookies 1 inch apart and slightly flatten.
- Bake until bottoms are deep golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Potato puree: Wrap 1 large sweet potato in foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool, remove skin, and puree in blender. Can be made up to 5 days in advance.