Thug kitchen tortilla soup from the cookbook Eat like you give a Fuck
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can zesty chilli diced tomatoes14.5 oz
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces Thicker soup use 8.
- 1 15 ounce can chickpea
- Toppings:chopped cilantro, minced jalapenos, avacado, shake from bottom of chip bag
- Step 1
- Chop up The Onion carrot in bell pepper into pieces about the size of a chick pea mince the garlic and jalapenos now you're ready to get down to business.
- Step 2
- Grab a large soup pot and saute The Onion In the oil until is starts to look a little see through about 2 minutes add the carrot in the bell pepper and cook until everything is golden about another 3 minutes add the jalapenos garlic spices and salt and cook for another 30 seconds this should smell pretty dope right about now Add the dice tomatoes And tomato paste make sure that you Stir that son of a b****'s around enough so the paste isn't just sitting in a clump Add the broth and let that all come to a simmer.
- Step 3
- Now it's time to take this m***********'s up a notch add the lime juice and tortillas squares Stir everything up and let that all gently simmer together in till the tortillas get nice and soft about 10 minutes now turn off the heat and grab your immersion blender and pulverize that b******'s till it's nice and smooth if you don't have an immersion blender you can throw this all in your regular blender in batches to your call taste and add more of whatever you think it needs.
- Step 4
- Serve this up with chickpeas piled in the center of each bowl with chunks of avvocato some minced jalapeno and some cilantro chip shake is welcome to.
- Regular war fire roasted diced tomatoes
- If you want a thicker soup go with 8 tortilla chips