One Pot Honey Sesame Chciken and Rice by www.pressurecookingtoday.com
My version for making it in one pot
- ⦁ 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 lbs.)
- ⦁ Salt and pepper
- ⦁ 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⦁ 1/2 cup diced onion ( I used 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder)
- ⦁ 2 cloves garlic, minced ( I used 1 Tbsp. minced garlic)
- ⦁ 1/2 cup soy sauce ( I used ¼ Cup)
- ⦁ 1/4 cup ketchup ( I halved the amount)
- ⦁ 2 teaspoons sesame oil ( 1 tsp.)
- ⦁ 1/2 cup honey* ( I used just over 1/4 Cup)
- ⦁ ½ C Chicken Broth
- ⦁ 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⦁ SLURRY BELOW
- ⦁ 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⦁ 3 tablespoons water
- ⦁ Sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut up chicken in small cubes. Salt and pepper chicken. Preheat pressure cooking pot using the saute setting. Add oil, onion, garlic, and chicken to the pot and saute stirring occasionally until chicken is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes, sesame oil and honey to the pot and stir to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine. ( I ADDED ½ Cup Chicken broth to mine for added sauce and so it wouldn’t scorch). Add Rice ( 1 Cup Texmati to 1 ¼ Cup Water PIP) on tall trivet. Pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. When timer beeps, let NPR for 10 minutes to cook Rice.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the pot. Select Saute and simmer until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
- Serve over rice sprinkled with sesame seeds.