Nit's Bread Pudding
- Yield : 12 Servings : 12 servings Prep Time : 45m Cook Time : 30m Ready In : 1:15 h Add to Recipe Box
- As bread got older or was not quite fresh, rather than throw it away, the classic dish of bread pudding was created. Several versions have evolved but French Bread or homemade bread is the more popular bread choice for the pudding.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 2 cups milk
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped canned pineapple or crushed pineapple
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut optional
- Break the bread into small pieces and place in a large glass bowl. Pour the milk over the bread and let it soak 15 to 20 minutes. After mash the bread to remove any lumps.
- Combine in a medium bowl the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, raisins, pineapple, butter, salt, nuts and coconut (if using) and mix together with the soaked bread mixture.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!