Chicken Salsa Verde Burrito Bowls
Cooked in the Instant pot
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 C uncooked long grain White Rice
- 1 C Cooked Black Beans ( canned if you like) *I use homemade from the IP and stored 1 C servings
- ½ Can – 15 oz can Fire Roasted No Sodium Added Tomatoes
- 1 C Salsa Verde ( I use homemade)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Onion powder
- 2 tbsp. Chili powder ( if desired)
- 1 C Chicken Stock ( Homemade in IP and frozen in 1 Cup portions)
- *Set Back Beans aside for later.
- Prepare your Rice PIP method of 1 Cup well rinsed White long grain rice mixed with 1 C water in a stainless steel bowl .
- IN the Instant Pot Inner Pot, add chicken, roasted tomatoes, 1 Cup chicken stock, 1 C Salsa Verde, garlic, cumin and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- NOW: place a tall trivet in IP with Rice & water.
- Close lid on IP and set release knob to Sealing and press Manual HP and adjust time to 12 minutes and 10 NPR. Then finished release the remaining pressure.
- Open IP and remove the Rice ( set aside) , remove the Chicken Breasts and place in a bowl and shred ( I use hand held electric mixer to shred).
- Add back to the liquid that was left in the IP, chicken, rice and black beans. Set to Saute and reheat for approx. 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place chopped lettuce into bowls, and top with ½ C of Chicken mixture, add either a dollop of Guacamole or sliced Avocado, a few Grape tomatoes, and sprinkle with shredded cheese and serve.
- I freeze leftovers and reheat thawed on steam in the IP for 5 minutes.