Salmon Over Linguine Alfredo
- 2 Lb Salmon Filets
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Half and Half or Milk
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or Romano or Italian Blend)
- Dash Nutmeg - Freshly Ground if Possible
- Whole Wheat Linguine
- Green Onion - For Garnish
- For the Fish:
- In a container large enough to hold the fish, combine apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and worcestershire sauce. Add the fish and enough water so the marinade just covers it. Allow it to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Place an oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler and preheat broiler on high. Coat a baking pan with foil and spray lightly with oil. Place the fish face up in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Broil the fish on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the flesh is flaky and opaque.
- For the Sauce:
- In a medium pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add half and half and bring to a simmer.
- Add cheese and stir until smooth. Simmer very gently, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add nutmeg.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. When it is done coat in a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Plate a twist of pasta, top with sauce, and lay the fish over the top.
- Garnish with chopped green onion before serving.
- Start the pasta and sauce while the fish is marinating and everything should be done right around the same time. :)