- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 /2 tbsp confectioners sweetener
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- Bring cream to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sweetener together in a separate small bowl.
- Once the cream is boiling, slowly pour half of it into the egg yolks, while whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan, into the rest of the cream and stir continuously for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take the custard off the heat and whisk in your vanilla & xanthan gum.
- Set it aside to cool and thicken.