Instant Pot Mushroom Broth
~by Josie Smythe
- 3oz dried mushrooms (assorted)
- 1 med Onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 3-4 Bay Leaves
- Black Peppercorns, about 10-12
- Rinse Mushrooms & add to pot.
- Put other ingredients into a nylon straining bag & add to pot.
- Add water to cover it all (2/3 full).
- Cook on Manual/High Pressure 15 mins;
- 15 min Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove the straining bag & discard the contents.
- Strain the broth & let cool.
- *Save the mushrooms to use later!
- (You can add them to things like rice, beans, pasta, soup)
- Broth will keep in fridge for about 5 days,
- or in freezer for 6 months.
- To freeze I portion out into 1 cup servings into freezer bags.
- Store flat in freezer until frozen.
- *Veggie amounts are approximate. I just used some veggie scraps I had saved in the freezer.
- *If you don't want to save the mushrooms to use later you don't have to put your veggies in a bag.
- I used the bag to make it easier to pull out just the mushrooms since I wanted to keep them.
- *I used these dried mushrooms from Costco:
- *I used a nylon straining bag like this one: