Homemade Vegetable Soup Base
"Broth concentrate" that you can use to make soup, add to rice, etc.
- 3-4 large carrots (a pound or a little more)
- 4 celery stalks (include leaves if they look good)
- 8 ounces sea salt
- 1 large leek (remove the tough green tops)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large bundle cilantro or parsley (include the stems)
- 4 ounces dried tomatoes (I use my homemade ones, but store bought sun-dried tomatoes work well too)
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!