Sausage Meatball Traybake Recipe with Butternut Squash and Sage
- pork sausages 8, skins removed
- fennel seeds 1 tsp, crushed
- sage leaves chopped to make 1 tbsp, plus extra to serve
- butternut squash 500g, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- red onions 2 small, cut into wedges
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- chicken stock 100ml
- cooked greens to serve
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the sausagemeat, fennel and 1 tbsp of sage in a bowl and mix together. Divide into 15 meatballs.
- Put the squash chunks and onions in a shallow baking tray or ovenproof pan. Drizzle over the oil and season well, then spread out and sit the meatballs among the veg. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the squash is tender and the meatballs are browned and cooked through. Pour in the stock and cook for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle over more chopped sage and serve with greens.