Instant Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken – Traditional Version
- 1 ½ pounds Chicken, Breasts, Boneless/Skinless
- ⅛ teaspoons Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ½ cups dice Onion
- ½ cups Soy Sauce
- ¼ cups Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- ¼ tablespoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Honey
- ***Serving Day Ingredients
- These ingredients are added AFTER your meal has been frozen — for the day you serve and eat it.
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Freeze For Later Cooking Directions
- These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
- Why would I want to freeze this?
- Combine all ingredients except for cornstarch and water and divide among indicated number of round, freezable containers. Label and freeze.
- Make From Frozen Serving Day Directions
- These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
- **Depending on your container size/shape and your serving size, you may need to adjust cooking times given as it is based on 4 servings frozen in a 64 ounce container.**
- ** Though it doesn't seem likely that this recipe will work for liquid issues--we assure you this recipe has been tested multiple times in the Instant Pot with great success.**Place frozen contents into inner pot.
- Lock cover into place and seal steam nozzle.
- Cook on the poultry setting (15 minutes) and add an additional 10 minutes or manually set for 25 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and dice.
- Set Instant Pot setting to saute.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water.
- Add cornstarch mixture and chicken to pot and continue to cook (on saute) for 2-3 minutes until thickened.