Cook's Country M&M Cookies
Servings: 2 doz
- 2¼ cups (11.25 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp table salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed (7 ounces) light brown sugar
- ½cup sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (9 ounces) M&M's (or sub in some choc chips)
- 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in bowl.
- 2. Whisk melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds. Whisk in egg and yolk and vanilla until fully emulsified, about 30 seconds. Stir in half of flour mixture with rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in candies and remaining flour mixture.
- 3. Divide dough into 16- 2¼ ounce portions (I used cookie scoop), about 2 heaping tablespoon each; divide any remaining dough evenly amongh dough portions. Roll dough between hands to make smooth balls.
- 4. Evenly space dough balls on prepared sheets, 8 balls per sheet. Flatten balls to ¾ inch thickness.
- 5. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until centers of cookies are puffed and still very blond, about 8 min; cookies will seem underdone. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 min. Using spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool for 10 min before serving.
- To make ahead:
- At end of step 4, transfer flattened dough balls to parchment paper-lined plate and freeze until very firm, at least 1 hour. Transfer balls to 1 gallon zipper lock bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Bake from frozen, increasing baking time to 12 min.