Butternut Risotto with Leeks (Instant Pot or Stovetop)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 2 cups sliced leeks ( one extra large leek)
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 8 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice or short-grain Spanish rice (Bomba)
- 2 heaping cups butternut squash, cubed (please see notes if making on stove top!)
- ¼ cup white wine (or skip it)
- 2 cups veggie stock or chicken stock or broth (or water and one teaspoon or cube veggie bouillon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper (or sub black pepper to taste)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg the nutmeg makes this- don’t leave it out!
- 2 to 3 handfuls baby spinach or chopped kale
- OPTIONAL: ¼ to ½ cup parmesan, pecorino, manchego, goat cheese, vegan cheese or cashew cheese - or the leave cheese out and use LEEK OIL for garnish. Or stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee, or a drizzle of olive oil.
- Optional: Maple Glazed Pecans
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!