Simple Whole Wheat Sourdough Bread Machine
- subheading: Add to machine in order listed:
- 400g water (1.6 metric cups)
- In summer I use cold water with my freshly milled flour.
- 25g honey (1 metric Australian tablespoon, or 20ml)
- 100g sourdough starter (about half a cup)
- My starter is whole wheat, 100% hydration, used straight from the fridge.
- I use this easy sourdough starter maintenance method.
- 500g whole wheat flour (3.5 to 4 metric cups)
- I mill my flour fresh using my Mockmill 200, as demonstrated in the video.
- 8g salt (1 and ⅓ tsp)
- I use regular Australian table salt (sea salt). Any finely ground salt will be fine - iodised salt works too.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!