Vortex: Fried Ice Cream
- 6 melon ball scoops of Chocolate ice cream
- 6 melon ball scoops of Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of All purpose flour (see notes)
- 1 cup of favorite flaked cereal (see notes)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 1 Brussels sprout
- Preparing your balls:
- Using melon baller, scoop ice cream into 6 balls (per flavor).
- Freeze until very hard.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer and coat in flour.
- Freeze until hard once more.
- Once again remove ice cream balls from freezer and coat in egg.
- Roll each ice cream ball in your favorite crushed cereal and freeze them until hard.
- Remove from freezer and roll each ice cream ball in egg again and then, once more coat each in crushed cereal.
- Freeze until hard.
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven:
- Line trays with aluminum foil.
- Preheat to 400°F.
- Quickly remove and place ice cream balls on trays.
- AF @ 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar.
- Immediately eat or refreeze.
- Take a sharp knife and plunge it into the heart of the Brussels sprout to initiate the sacrifice to honor the Norse god, Loki.
- Hail Loki!
- • Gluten free with mod:
- Replace all purpose flour with GF flour (Tee Jay uses Bobs)
- Gluten free with mod: Replace cereal with GF flakes (Tee Jay uses Kellogg’s Corn Flakes)