- 325 g pumpkin, peeled
- 250 ml water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion, large finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Chop pumpkin into small pieces (1-2 cm)
- Boil prepared pumpkin in water & salt until tender
- While this is cooking, sauté onion and celery in a small amount of water for 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- When pumpkin is cooked, blend with the water.
- Add the pumpkin back into the saucepan and add the onion and celery.
- Rinse the blender with a small amount of water and add this to the saucepan.
- Taste and adjust flavour as necessary.
- Simmer for 30 minutes (#2 induction cooktop)
- Weight for pumpkin does not include skin or seeds.
- I added 1/8 cup almond milk to my bowl of soup to thin it down