Easy Basil Pesto
- 5 cups packed basil leaves
- ½ cup pine nuts ( you may use any nuts you may like, or seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower seeds if allergic to nuts). See Note 1
- ¼ to ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 4 ounces good quality aged Parmesan cheese, preferably Parmigiano Reggiano, chopped OR ¼ cup nutritional yeast, if want to keep the pesto vegan See Note 2
- ½ tsp salt, skip if using parmesan cheese or adjust to taste.
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic or more to taste. See note 3
- The zest of one medium lemon and 2 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!