- 750 mil of handcrafted 80 proof vodka
- 20 lemons
- five 1/2 pint mason jars
- Simple Syrup:
- 4 cups filtered water
- 3 cups white sugar
- With a vegetable peeler remove the lemon skin..yellow part only, scrape off any white with a knife.
- Divide the lemon peels into the 5 jars.
- Fill each jar with the vodka leaving 3/4 head space in each.
- Put 1 cup of water into your pot with the trivet. Place 3 jars inside. Close and seal the lid.
- Manual 30 minutes with a full NPR.
- Carefully remove the jars and place on a cooling rack. Process the remaining jars.
- Let cool overnight.
- Day two..
- Put 4 cups of filtered water into your pot, close and seal the lid. Manual 2 minutes QR.
- Add 3 cups of white sugar to the water.
- Set pot to sauté and stir until all the sugar has dissolved .
- Let cool.
- In a large glass pitcher combine the jars of vodka and lemon peels with the simple syrup.
- Let it sit for a day on the counter.
- Day three..
- Strain mixture and bottle it up.
- Put the bottles in the freezer.
- The vodka I used was handcrafted and filtered 6 times so it's very mellow.