- 1 medium baking potato (about 9 ounces), peeled and quartered
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water (warm, 105 to 115 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling bowl and pan
- 1 ¼ teaspoons table salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt (coarse), or 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Rapid-rise or instant yeast reduces the preparation time by more than an hour. If you use an equal amount of regular active dry yeast instead, let the sponge in step 2 develop for thirty minutes rather than twenty, and increase the first and second rises to one and one-half hours each.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!