by Jennifer W / Key Ingredient
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 3 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups half-and-half
- ½ cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups water
- Butter bottom and sides of 6 ramekins or custard cups.
- Using mixer, cream 1/4 cup butter and sugars together for 2 mins.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until well blended.
- Sift cornstarch and cocoa together.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating thoroughly.
- Blend in vanilla and half-and-half.
- Pour 1/2 cup cocoa batter into each prepared cup.
- Top each with heaping tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Cover each cup with foil.
- Pour water into pressure cooker & place trivet on bottom.
- Arrange cups pyramid style on trivet. Secure lid, close steam vent.
- Cook on Manual/High for 9 minutes.
- Release pressure and remove lid.
- Remove covered custard cups and place on wire rack to cook. Remove foil.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours before serving.