Slow cooker beef and mushroom casserole
- 200 g round steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of bonox
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1) chop onion into quarters then slice thinly. Fry until slightly opaque
- 2) add 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic cook on low for 1 minute until fragrant.
- 3) add sliced beef seasoned with salt and pepper and stir fry until browned. Add parsley and sliced mushrooms and fry until mushroom change texture.
- 4) add bonox to 1 cup of hot water and mix through, add to meat mixture in the frying pan, mix through and reduce heat to simmer.
- 5) once liquid has reduced add 1 tablespoon of cornflour to 1 cup of cold water, stir through and pour into meat mixture, simmer gently for 2 hours on low until meat is tender. Top up water when necessary.
- 6) serve on a bed of steamed rice or for Keto friendly, steamed vegetables