- 2 Tbsp. oil or fat of choice
- 1 lb. Beef stew meat
- 1 Serrano Pepper ( I omit)
- ½ tsp. Chipotle Powder ( I omit)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ Pepper Salt ½ tsp.
- 1 Cup Beef Broth or Chicken Stock
- ½ C Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Potato Starch or thickener of choice
- Press the Saute button and when it reads “HOT” add oil and beef cubes. Sear on all side.
- Once meat has browned, add onion, garlic, Serrano Pepper, bay leaf and spices. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in Beef broth and Tomato sauce, the cover and lock the lid. Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button on the IP, then press the Meat/Stew button and it will default to 35 minutes. Seal the release knob. When done let it NPR completely!
- Unlock lid, ladle out some liquid into a bowl and combine it with the potato flour. Mix well. Press Saute on the IP, once liquid is boiling mix in the slurry well.
- Slow cooker version : Cook on low 6-8 hours which is NORMAL setting on the IP slow feature. Or High for 4 hours.