The Best Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup (150g) raw whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons (12g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (40g) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (235g) raw cashews
- 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons water (90g)
- 1 tablespoon (15g) fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons (100g) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (20g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 90g raw cocoa butter (I used these discs b/c no chopping and easier to use. You must use a scale for accurate results, you should have 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons melted cocoa butter.)
- This cake has a rich velvety chocolate texture and flavor. There is only 1 tablespoon lemon juice, a very slight tang, to really allow the chocolate flavor to be the star. It is not overly sweet, as I wanted to bring out the chocolate flavor. If you taste the batter after blending and want it sweeter, add 1-2 tablespoons more of the coconut sugar, not the syrup, as you don't want to add extra liquid.
- I use this scale.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!