Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Bites
by Melanie Skula Lindsey
- I can 15 oz 100% Pumpkin Puree
- 1 can 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar ( I used 1/3 c. sugar and 1/3 c. of Truvia for baking);
- 1/2 c. baking mix ( Bisquick, Pioneer or brand of choice- I used Pioneer as had it here)
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( I substituted 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, as my family are not fond of cloves or allspice)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer or blender, mix ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
- Grease egg bite tray as desired.
- (I use a spray of olive oil and a basting brush and rub it around on each cell.)
- Fill/pour each cell with the mixture to just below the top.
- Add 1 cup water to IP.
- Insert trivet of choice...I used egg trivet as higher and easier to get tray onto the trivet without spilling.
- Place IP lid on, seal and cook on Manual or high pressure for 40 min, then do NPR.
- When able to handle, carefully remove tray from IP.
- Allow to cool a few minute in the mold in the frig.
- To remove from bite tray, place a plate over top of the tray and carefully flip over and let cool a few more minutes in the frig, then they can be gently released and cooled further in the frig.
- -Made in a 6qt Lux
- -I made a couple minor adjustments to a recipe from my old "Best of Bisquick" cook book from 1983...."Impossible Pumpkin Pie" and I picked the 40" cooking time after searching many similar recipes for bites online and this board... warning! Addictive!!!!
- -This recipe can also be done in oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. grease a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Pour into pie plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 min. Cool.