Healthy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Pineapple juice isn't a typical ingredient but adds sweetness and a bit of tang to the teriyaki sauce.
- Reduced sodium soy sauce helps keep the sodium levels in check. You can also use coconut aminos to reduce the sodium even more.
- Honey (or brown sugar) is a healthier option for sweetening the teriyaki sauce. You could also use brown sugar, white sugar, or maple syrup.
- Rice wine vinegar adds some acidity to the sauce and some sweetness.
- Garlic to punch up the flavor.
- Ginger to add some spice.
- Pepper is optional but adds some spice and balances the sweetness.
- Cornstarch is only needed for the sauce version. If you are just using it as marinade you can leave this out.
- This is all combined in a sauce pan and cooked down until it gets nice and thick. If you are using it as a marinade, you can skip the extra step of cooking down the sauce.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!