by Jennifer Miller:
- 1 kielbasa sausage
- 1 pound dried Cavatappi, or other Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon ground Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or Hot Pepper Sauce
- ½ Tablespoon Kosher Salt (or 1 teaspoon Sea Salt)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz Heavy Cream
- 1½ - 2 cups Mild or Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Oaxaca Cheese, shredded (or Monterey Jack, Gruyère, Smoked Gouda, or combination of melting cheese)
- Add sausage to Instant Pot. Saute until there are brown bits on the bottom of pot.
- Deglaze pot with chicken stock.
- Add pasta, butter, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt and water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- When Beep is heard, throw a dish towel over Pressure Cooker and do a Quick Release.
- Open lid and stir in the the evaporated milk.
- Turn off Pressure Cooker and then select Saute or Browning and mix in the cheese in three parts, mixing well before adding more. When desired thickness is achieved, turn off Pressure Cooker.
- Top with Crispy Bacon Topping, if desired.
- You won't taste the hot sauce; it adds a layer of depth, so don't leave it out!
- Amount of cheese is a personal preference, so start with the lower amount and add more, until desired amount is achieved.
- Use any of your favorite kinds of cheese and be creative.
- Any pasta shells will work. Rule of thumb is to cook pasta for ½ the shorter cook time stated on package.
- There was a bit of liquid left after cooking the pasta. Next time I will try adding a little extra pasta or a little less water.