Instant Pot CREAMY White Mac and Cheese - 10 Minute Meal
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Cook pasta in your Instant Pot by dumping in the pasta and adding water until it just covers all the shells. Cook on high for 4 minutes. (make sure your knob is set to SEALING!) When it is done, release the pressure.
- Add in butter until melted, and then slowly add in the milk.
- Continue stirring until it starts to thicken. Add in cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Recipe by Six Sisters' Stuff / Video walk-through: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHGb0MSfds
- Tips from video commenters:
- "After I add my cheese, butter and milk, I put the lid back on (with the instant pot turned OFF) and let it sit for a couple minutes to melt the butter and cheese. Then when I stir it the noodles don't get broken up, and it mixes together better."
- "Might I suggest: add one puck of Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb cheese spread? You will not regret it."
- "I cook the macaroni in chicken broth.....doesn't taste like chicken....just enhances the flavor!"