Classic Crawfish Sausage Etouffee
- Classic Crawfish Sausage Etouffee
- A Cajun dish so common, it’s in everyone’s recipe box. The no-soup etouffee -one of my personal favorites.
- 2 lbs peeled crawfish tails
- ½ stick (¼ cup) butter
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp crawfish fat (optional)
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cold water
- ½ cup chopped green onion tops
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- Season crawfish tails with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy pot; add onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic; cook until soft.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!