Easy and Awesome Brussels Sprouts
Quick-cooking and addictively delicious
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- ¼ c water
- Garlic powder
- Prep the sprouts by cutting off the stalk end, removing the 2 outermost leaves, and cutting each sprout in half.
- Lightly coat a large, lidded frying pan with olive oil.
- Add sprouts and sautee until they are sizzling vigorously and starting to brown.
- Add ¼ c water and quickly cover pan with lid. The pan should be hot enough that the water boils instantly when it hits the pan.
- Simmer 3 to 4 minutes until sprouts are almost done.
- Remove lid. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Continue to boil off the last of the water and finish browning the sprouts slightly.
- Technique is everything with this recipe.
- Other veggies that take well to this technique are carrots, parsnips, beets, and sweet potatoes.