Key Lime Pie
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt (optional)
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or extract (optional)
- Splash of water to help blend, if needed
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice from about 2 large limes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Himilayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil melted
- Zest for garnishing
- Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form.
- Press into parchment lined 7" springform pan or pie dish. Set aside to prepare filling.
- Rinse food processor & put in 2 avocados. Blend thoroughly. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in lime juice, zest, syrup, vanilla & salt. Taste & adjust.
- Stream in melted coconut oil.
- Pour over crust.
- Garnish with zest and lime slices.
- Place in fridge for several hours to set. Enjoy!
- Use a small 7" cheesecake springform pan. If you use a larger/normal size pan, your pie will be flatter, but still