MARTHA STEWART'S SLOW COOKER MACARONI AND CHEESE
Martha Stewart's Slow Cooker mac and cheese is creamy and delicious. It makes a weeknight dinner special.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 1½ cups grated Colby jack cheese
- 1½ cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 12 ounces macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups milk
- 2- 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teasoon pepper
- Melt butter in a small skillet or pan. Add onion and cook until onion is softened.
- Place onion in a large bowl. Add cheese, macaroni, both milks, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until macaroni is well coated.
- Pour mixture into a 5 or 6 quart crockpot.
- Cook on low for 2 - 3 hours or on high for 1 -1½ hours. Or until pasta is cooked.
- You can use regular cheddar cheese in place of the white cheddar cheese.
- The original recipe called for 3 cups white cheddar cheese and no colby jack cheese. Either way works.
- If desired top with breadcrumb mixture the last 15 minutes of cooking.