Creamy French Lentils with Mushrooms & Kale
- * Notes: If you don’t have any white wine around or you choose not to consume it, a teaspoon of white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice will substitute just fine. I serve this as a thick, stew-y mixture fit for serving over toast, but you could add extra vegetable stock/non-dairy milk to make it more soup-y if you like.
- ¾ cup French green lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, fine dice (roughly 1/3 cup diced shallot)
- 1 lb (454 grams) mixed mushrooms, stemmed + sliced
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk—I find carton coconut-based milk is preferable here (this one + this one are my go-tos)
- 3-4 kale stalks, stems removed + leaves sliced (1 ½ packed cups of sliced kale)
- fresh bread or toasts, for serving
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!